2020 Summer Sailing Program – Starfish & Sea Urchin Classes
June 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until July 30, 2020
Starfish Classes: No boat necessary.
The Starfish class provides a fun-filled introduction to a lifetime of sailing. This class introduces water safety and very basic sailing skills using a game-inspired curriculum. Weekly activities include arts & crafts, games on the beach, and sailing! The class goal is for young sailors to feel comfortable on and around the water.
Pre-req: Must be 5 years old and have completed a Pre-K program.
Sea Urchin Classes: No boat necessary.
The Sea Urchin class focuses on getting young sailors comfortable on a boat and having fun on and off the water. The class teaches the very beginning aspects of sailing, for example: the parts of the boat, finding wind direction, learning how to trim and ease the sail as well as learning how to steer with a tiller. An instructor accompanies a small group of students in a Harbor 20, Lido 14, CFJ, or Sabot and sails around the harbor daily. This class also includes many land-based activities, such as: knot tying, arts & crafts, and sailing games. This is a great class for introducing young kids to sailing.
Pre-req: Must have completed Kindergarten. No boat necessary.
When: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 12:00pm
• Full Program: June 22 – July 30
• Session 1: June 22 – July 2
• Session 2: July 6 – July 16
• Session 3: July 20 – July 30
Price: $350 per session
• Early Bird Pricing: save $100 when signing up for all 3 sessions by April 16th (LIYC Members only)
• Late Registration: $100 late fee applied after May 15th
Sailor Registration is Complete When All of the Following is Accomplished:
• Online Registration is Completed
• Full payment is received by LIYC (by check or credit card)
• Sailor’s 2020 Medical and Liability Release form is on file with LIYC
• Current LIYC Junior Member or approved Sponsored Junior Guest Sailor
• All parents are required to volunteer for a Parent of the Day shift
• Please sign up for Awards Banquets and Bingo Night with program registration
• Fees will be refunded if Program not held due to Federal, State or CDC Guidelines due to Corona Virus.
• Otherwise, fees are non-refundable after 06/12/2020. No refunds for early dismissal due to poor behavior.
Private Lessons available for Youths & Adults
Contact: LIYC Sailing Director Brooke Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.673.5119.
2 people are attending 2020 Summer Sailing Program – Starfish & Sea Urchin Classes