- This event has passed.
2020 Summer Sailing Program – Starfish & Sea Urchin Classes
June 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until July 30, 2020
Starfish Classes: No boat necessary.
The Starfish class provides a fun-filled introduction to a lifetime of sailing. This class introduces water safety and very basic sailing skills using a game-inspired curriculum. Weekly activities include arts & crafts, games on the beach, and sailing! The class goal is for young sailors to feel comfortable on and around the water.
Pre-req: Must be 5 years old and have completed a Pre-K program.
Sea Urchin Classes: No boat necessary.
The Sea Urchin class focuses on getting young sailors comfortable on a boat and having fun on and off the water. The class teaches the very beginning aspects of sailing, for example: the parts of the boat, finding wind direction, learning how to trim and ease the sail as well as learning how to steer with a tiller. An instructor accompanies a small group of students in a Harbor 20, Lido 14, CFJ, or Sabot and sails around the harbor daily. This class also includes many land-based activities, such as: knot tying, arts & crafts, and sailing games. This is a great class for introducing young kids to sailing.
Pre-req: Must have completed Kindergarten. No boat necessary.
When: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 12:00pm
• Full Program: June 22 – July 30
• Session 1: June 22 – July 2
• Session 2: July 6 – July 16
• Session 3: July 20 – July 30
Price: $350 per session or $1,050 for Full Program
Sailor Registration is Complete When All of the Following is Accomplished:
• Online Registration is Completed
• Full payment is received by LIYC (by check or credit card)
• Sailor’s 2020 Medical and Liability Release form is on file with LIYC
• Current LIYC Junior Member or approved Sponsored Junior Guest Sailor
Notice: As of Monday June 8th, we have closed online registration requests for the 2020 Summer Junior Sailing Program. If you would like to be added to our waiting list, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you if space becomes available. LIYC will comply with all Federal, State and local restrictions due to recent health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
• All parents are required to volunteer for a Parent of the Day shift
• Please sign up for Awards Banquets and Bingo Night with program registration
• Fees will be refunded if Program not held due to Federal, State or CDC Guidelines due to Corona Virus.
• Otherwise, fees are non-refundable after 06/12/2020. No refunds for early dismissal due to poor behavior.
Private Lessons available for Youths & Adults
Contact: LIYC Sailing Director Brooke Sharp at email@example.com or call 949.673.5119.