- This event has passed.
2020 Summer Sailing Program – Sabot Racing (C3)
July 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until July 30, 2020
Sabot Racing (C3): Sabot Required
Covers racing fundamentals such as tactics, sail trim, boat handling, and the Racing Rules of Sailing. This class will lay the foundation for competitive sailing in a fun-focused, relaxed environment. Each week, sailors have the opportunity to participate in afternoon races against other C3’s in the bay according to the Balboa Bay Fleet schedule. Students are encouraged to participate in local weekend regattas in addition to regattas held during LIYC sailing program days. Pre-req: Race-ready students wtih a properly rigged Naples Sabot.
When: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm
• June 22 – July 30
Notice: As of Monday June 8th, we have closed online registration requests for the 2020 Summer Junior Sailing Program. If you would like to be added to our waiting list, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you if space becomes available. LIYC will comply with all Federal, State and local restrictions due to recent health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
Since we have been informed that the Newport Beach Jr. Guards have been cancelled for 2020, the Jr. Guard / Half Day option was removed.
Sailor Registration is Complete When All of the Following is Accomplished:
• Online Registration is Completed
• Full payment is received by LIYC (by check or credit card)
• Sailor’s 2020 Medical and Liability Release form is on file with LIYC
• Current LIYC Junior Member or approved Sponsored Junior Guest Sailor
• ALL parents are required to volunteer for a Parent of the Day shift
• Please sign up for Awards Banquets and Bingo Night with program registration
• Fees will be refunded if Program not held due to Federal, State or CDC Guidelines due to Corona Virus
• Otherwise, fees are non-refundable after 6/12/2020. No refunds for early dismissal due to poor behavior
Private Lessons available for Youths & Adults
Contact: LIYC Sailing Director Brooke Sharp at email@example.com or call 949.673.5119.