2020 Summer Sailing Program – Double Handed Sailing Classes
June 22 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until July 31, 2020
Double Handed Sailing (Stage 1 C420/CFJ *Coordinated effort with BCYC)
Beginner to intermediate double-handed class that aims to provide a foundation in both Club 420’s and CFJ’s. Sailors work to develop and advance fundamental double-handed and general sailing skills with the goal of participating in the Newport Beach Club 420 Travel Team. Sailors are introduced to flying a spinnaker, using a trapeze, and possibly even some team racing! These boats are staples of high school and college sailing, so this class will give you an advantage if you plan to sail for a school.
When: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm
• June 22 – July 31
Notice: As of Wednesday May 20th, all LIYC online registration requests for the 2020 Summer Junior Sailing Program shall be considered PENDING until we send you a written confirmation for the Sailing Class and Session requested. You will still be able to sign up to be added to the wait-list, however we have disabled the credit card option for now so that your credit card will not be charged. LIYC will comply with all Federal, State and local restrictions due to recent health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
Double Handed Sailing Regatta Schedule:
1. July 10-12: Junior Olympics [C420 Area J Bemis Qualifiers] | Santa Barbara Yacht Club (charter included)
2. July 24-26: CFJ National Championship | Alamitos Bay Yacht Club (charter included)
Double Handed Sailing Notes:
• Class tuition includes all coaching fees for Balboa Bay Fleet Schedule/Local weekday events in Newport Harbor.
• Regatta registrations & sailor travel expenses are not included.
• Junior Olympics & CFJ Nationals will require an additional Regatta Support + Coaching Fee.
• We kindly ask that all parents pitch in when we travel including tying down their sailor’s boat/ spars/dolley, towing trailers, carpooling, group snacks & hydration, coach’s lunches & other unexpected challenges that come our way.
Coaching Staff: Christophe Killian • Cameron Wood • Natasha Scott Morton • Max or Jake Mayol
Sailor Registration is Complete When All of the Following is Accomplished:
• Online Registration is Completed
• Full payment is received by LIYC (by check or credit card)
• Sailor’s 2020 Medical and Liability Release form is on file with LIYC
• Current LIYC Junior Member or approved Sponsored Junior Guest Sailor
• ALL parents are required to volunteer for a Parent of the Day shift
• Please sign up for Awards Banquets and Bingo Night with program registration
• Fees will be refunded if Program not held due to Federal, State or CDC Guidelines due to Corona Virus
• Otherwise, fees are non-refundable after 6/12/2020. No refunds for early dismissal due to poor behavior
Private Lessons available for Youths & Adults
Contact: LIYC Sailing Director Brooke Sharp at email@example.com or call 949.673.5119.