2020 Summer Sailing Program – Double Handed Sailing Classes
June 22 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until July 31, 2020
Double Handed Sailing (Stage 1 C420/CFJ *Coordinated effort with BCYC)
Beginner to intermediate double-handed class that aims to provide a foundation in both Club 420’s and CFJ’s. Sailors work to develop and advance fundamental double-handed and general sailing skills with the goal of participating in the Newport Beach Club 420 Travel Team. Sailors are introduced to flying a spinnaker, using a trapeze, and possibly even some team racing! These boats are staples of high school and college sailing, so this class will give you an advantage if you plan to sail for a school.
When: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm
• June 22 – July 31
• Late Registration: $100 late fee applied after May 15th
Double Handed Sailing Regatta Schedule:
1. July 10-12: Junior Olympics [C420 Area J Bemis Qualifiers] | Santa Barbara Yacht Club (charter included)
2. July 24-26: CFJ National Championship | Alamitos Bay Yacht Club (charter included)
Double Handed Sailing Notes:
• Class tuition includes all coaching fees for Balboa Bay Fleet Schedule/Local weekday events in Newport Harbor.
• Regatta registrations & sailor travel expenses are not included.
• Junior Olympics & CFJ Nationals will require an additional Regatta Support + Coaching Fee.
• We kindly ask that all parents pitch in when we travel including tying down their sailor’s boat/ spars/dolley, towing trailers, carpooling, group snacks & hydration, coach’s lunches & other unexpected challenges that come our way.
Coaching Staff: Christophe Killian • Cameron Wood • Natasha Scott Morton • Max or Jake Mayol
Sailor Registration is Complete When All of the Following is Accomplished:
• Online Registration is Completed
• Full payment is received by LIYC (by check or credit card)
• Sailor’s 2020 Medical and Liability Release form is on file with LIYC
• Current LIYC Junior Member or approved Sponsored Junior Guest Sailor
• ALL parents are required to volunteer for a Parent of the Day shift
• Please sign up for Awards Banquets and Bingo Night with program registration
• Fees will be refunded if Program not held due to Federal, State or CDC Guidelines due to Corona Virus
• Otherwise, fees are non-refundable after 6/12/2020. No refunds for early dismissal due to poor behavior
Private Lessons available for Youths & Adults
Contact: LIYC Sailing Director Brooke Sharp at email@example.com or call 949.673.5119.