- This event has passed.
2020 Summer Sailing Program – Advanced Sabot Racing Classes (A, B, C1, C2)
June 22 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until July 30, 2020
Advanced Sabot Racing Classes (A, B, C1 and C2): Sabot Required
This class builds fundamentals by introducing higher-level concepts, such as: advanced tactics, sail controls, boat handling, and sail theory to fine tune and and improve speed. Sailors will be racing in the afternoons during the week according to the Balboa Bay Fleet schedule. Racers are strongly encouraged to participate in local and away weekend regattas. Pre-req: Race-ready students with a properly rigged Naples Sabot. Class selection based on Balboa Bay Fleet move-up rules.
When: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm
• June 22 – July 30
Notice: As of Monday June 8th, we have closed online registration requests for the 2020 Summer Junior Sailing Program. If you would like to be added to our waiting list, you can email us at email@example.com and we will notify you if space becomes available. LIYC will comply with all Federal, State and local restrictions due to recent health and safety concerns related to COVID-19.
Since we have been informed that the Newport Beach Jr. Guards have been cancelled for 2020, the Jr. Guard / Half Day option was removed.
Sailor Registration is Complete When All of the Following is Accomplished:
• Online Registration is Completed
• Full payment is received by LIYC (by check or credit card)
• Sailor’s 2020 Medical and Liability Release form is on file with LIYC
• Current LIYC Junior Member or approved Sponsored Junior Guest Sailor
• ALL parents are required to volunteer for a Parent of the Day shift
• Please sign up for Awards Banquets and Bingo Night with program registration
• Fees will be refunded if Program not held due to Federal, State or CDC Guidelines due to Corona Virus
• Otherwise, fees are non-refundable after 6/12/2020. No refunds for early dismissal due to poor behavior
Private Lessons available for Youths & Adults
Contact: LIYC Sailing Director Brooke Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.673.5119.